Wednesday, July 14, 2010

First Test

On my first week of being off from work I've done both the Monday and Wednesday workouts.

Today we started with the IFA (or Initial Fitness Assessment - my first one). 82 sit-ups in 2 minutes (which is pretty good), 22 push-ups (I hadn't realized I couldn't rest up on my arms with my rear in the air), and a horrible 14:54 time on 1.5 miles. A full two minutes slower than my last clocked time. But then again (here comes my excuse), I haven't run right after being exhausted from push-ups, or in 85 degree weather in full sunshine either. At least now I know what to work on. Running after being tired (because that's how the tests go), push-ups in general, and all those other terrible things we do: bear crawls, burppies & 8-count push-ups. Do you see a pattern? Yep! all shoulder stuff.

But on the good side, all of this is passing the test. And I can do better with a little work.

No comments:

Post a Comment