Sunday, February 6, 2011

COMP'd!

I've completed my coursework at ATT (Advanced Tech. Training for electronic surface warfare).

I did this yesterday at 1400... but that was the very last thing... the Fiber-Optics Performance Test. I had gone back to do that at 1300, completing the last two lessons and Block Test that morning from 0900-1100. How could I wait until Sunday when I could get it done immediately? :) And it turned out my friends were busy anyway... so the Museum of Science and Industry will have to wait for another time. I do plan to come back some day... as a Sailor or not (we'll see!).

So I'm free as a bird! (school-wise, until San Diego later this week)

I had heard about folks getting their last duty day off... but not so much! I reported in to muster this morning to be honest, and let my section leader know my request had been denied... and he had me replace someone on Rat Team. Yay... It's not too bad though... it's not that I'm missing time in Open Learning or anything. :) Gee, I'm so glad I did that yesterday!!!

So this morning I swept some snow off the path to the barracks after someone shoveled and before someone scattered salt across the way. We'll see how often I have to do this... the snow is coming down steady in light flakes. And there are so few tools, I'm switching on and off with another girl every time they call us.

No comments:

Post a Comment