Monday, March 7, 2011

Attention!

It was a super strange day today. The BPO didn't come get us until around 9ish... and then all we did was help straighten up the storage room. You see, it was raining today in the morning, so it was hard to find something to do outside.

And I had to leave a little early to get into my service uniform and get first in line for chow so I could eat and be back and ready to relieve my watch in under a half-hour. This worked just fine, but I made it right on the dot.

Five and a half hours of standing the Bldg. 51 access watch (sort of like Petty Officer of the Watch in Great Lakes) went by 5-10 minutes at a time. Had to log in every half-hour with "ALL CONDITIONS NORMAL"... so that helped it go by even better. I read around 11 short chapters of Sense and Sensibility by reading a paragraph and then closing it and granting access to someone. I must have flipped that book open and shut a thousand times. :)

I got two compliments on my proper saluting; both from Third Classes. One asked if I was a fleet returnee, or if I had just got out of boot camp, the other appreciated that I returned both salutes... for the ensign and for access. :) It was nice of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment