Thursday, June 16, 2011

Sports Day!

Today was a base-wide sports day! We still had to muster at 0730, but this time in PTU... gold t-shirts and blue shorts (and sweatpants & shirts if desired) with tennies. There was a huge formation on the triangle behind the base entrance and we all stood at attention for colors. Even Captain Moss came out in his PTU to address us.

I signed up to play dodgeball... and my slapped-together team got eliminated right away. But I didn't get hit... I just threw the ball so accurately, the other guy caught it. :)

Wandered around for a bit watching the 5K run, the basketball, volleyball, bench-pressing, and yoga. I did decide to join in the group doing stationary bikes for a half-hour with a trainer that made us up our speed or our resistance... good workout! And they gave us a Naval Base Point Loma fitness t-shirt. After that I decided to have lunch at the galley, since the line for hamburgers would take an awful long time. Both were free, so I opted for the much shorter line.

No comments:

Post a Comment