Friday, July 22, 2011

Last Day So Far

I think this was the last official day with the Antietam, but I hope not.

Chaney and I got there really early; the duty driver came right after muster. I was on the ship and changed into my coveralls when their 0830 muster went down on the fantail. I showed up to it, but Sigala was already forward in the fan room at work. I joined him, and we cleaned up the final touches before we had a early and quick lunch. Went back to work at 1130, and painted the whole deck in the space for an hour. I spent that whole time in the back corner... and finished up painting so that I was standing on one foot, painting around it. Had to sit on the pipes to get it finished. I touched up a bit of the guy's work as I left, and finished the last patch as I stepped out. Gave Sigala a goodbye hug and then found Chaney and we got back to base by about 1400.

Our Ensign said today that I would end up a supervisor in a year. And another of the guys wanted to contradict him and said I'd go to mast for an ARI (alcohol related incident) before he knew I didn't drink. Just another enlisted naysayer.

This is what my face looked like much of the week, but not today for a change. And the coveralls don't really show the extent of the dirt in the photo.



No comments:

Post a Comment