Thursday, July 7, 2011

Never Mind... Part Two

So far it's been a comedy of errors... again. :)

Eight of us were ready to go right after muster this morning. Muster was a little different because the fire alarm to the A school building sounded off just before we were supposed to. IC1 walked through the ranks checking off names because everything was too loud and over-crowded. But by 0800 (and after colors) we were sitting outside the Holds office, ready to go with our coveralls in hand.

We waited until 0930 before they told us to come back at the 1230 muster and to "not get in trouble" until then. They can be pretty serious though. Today I saw somebody I know get in a duty van in dress whites with seabag, along with Chief Cruz. DRB for not coming to any muster one day. Yikes. Makes me want to be on point.

So I went back to the BPO for the next hour... met up with Pinasco in Bldg. 82 and was glad to do my old job of inventories with her. Seriously doubt they're going to get us for a mere hour's work, so I think the rest of the day will be pretty normal. Excluding of course, the fact that admin lost my itinerary page for my September leave request. Printing that right now and will drop it off before I go to chow. What a day. At least they told me on a day when I was able to fix it. :)

PS... (at 1730)... There was no more duty. We're assured they'll pick us up tomorrow. As a side note for today, they've been painting the Red Deck. Pretty soon it will be all red again, and not just bare boards with traces of red; the way it has been since I've been here.

No comments:

Post a Comment