Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Just Another Day in the Navy

But I'm very grateful I didn't have to go through something like my fellow Sailors did 70 years ago today; the flag was at half-mast today for them.

I went through the lab right away with Trimpe, Nordgren and Faulkner. It was our first time working the segments simultaneously. And we had fleet-returnees there, practicing to be Sonar Supervisors. I found them very helpful... the people who went through labs yesterday were thoroughly freaked out. STG2 Akins talked with us at the end of the day and told us to relax and just ask a lot of questions if we didn't understand something. It's when we get to the fleet that we're supposed to catch on quick. So I ran the passive one, and got to do a lot... and learned a lot! I loved it. Took an hour and a half, and that was good, because the rest of the day up in the classroom was more terrible boredom.

Yesterday after Quarters I went to Open Study with Hibbard, and we put in a good hour and a half. During class there was a little studying, so I'm beginning to feel less freaked out about the final exam this Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment