Tuesday, May 22, 2012

First Day Back

There was a little confusion this morning as we all tried to figure out where we were supposed to stand for the Holds muster. Apparently, they've been making one big, long line spanning the side of the schoolhouse. But IC1 had everyone form up the old way when he came out.

And of note, this was the first time my name was called out during a muster as "Waters". :)

Over by the Holds office, I volunteered with a former classmate to work up in the schoolhouse for a certain working party he had been on before. We joined two others up in the student lounge, and waited until someone came for us and gave us something to do. We ended up cleaning two classrooms very thoroughly, wiping down tables, cabinets, sills, and even the bases of swivel chairs before sweeping and mopping and taking out the trash.

There was some down time before we were let go for lunch, and I was able to do my PT early, before the afternoon PT muster. I worked out for over an hour, doing my own concoction of sets on the basketball court. As I've said before, I really like the setup in the big gym. I did some strength training, as well as lots of cardio before I was through. Finished out with a 10-min. cool-down on a bike.

And there was a super-fast turn-around time for my out-of-bounds chit in admin. I got a phone call during lunch that it had been approved, even with turning it in just the day before. And another classmate got orders this afternoon... for San Diego. I think I checked mine about three times, but alas, to no avail.

No comments:

Post a Comment