Friday, June 8, 2012

Checked Out of TSC San Diego

Tuesday was very like Monday... except I reported early to Building 1 after letting Holds know what was going on, and there was pizza for lunch instead of burgers. Also, the commodore of the attending DESRON spoke to me and the Australian officer about good books to read about American Naval strategy in WWII! - after looking over my book by Admiral Sims. He recommended Neptune's Inferno... pretty sure I'll be reading it soon.

Wednesday after muster I found myself on the same working party, except this time for a different conference in a different building. It had already started before muster and was completely covered. I checked out with the Petty Officer in charge the next day, and they still didn't need me. This afforded me extremely valuable time to pack my things in anticipation of my move today.

Friday, today, I checked out from the BPO (barracks) first, went to muster, then went to admin. They sent me to NMT first, then I came back and was all checked out by 0900! I was pleasantly surprised with how easy it all was. At NMT, STG1 from my duty section signed me out. He asked me if I completed my goals from when I first checked in... saving money: check, reading Navy books: check, doing better on the PRT run... well... I'm still in progress. I had forgotten about writing them... it was so long ago.

I walked of base and climbed the steps to the bridge to overflow parking with a lightness I've never had before. I certainly enjoyed my 16 months here... it's just so exciting to move on to bigger things. I'm impressed that my two extra years on my contract works out just about right before I check in to my first ship.

No comments:

Post a Comment