Thursday, March 7, 2013

Blown Cover... Again



I lost my backup cover while working topside with the freshwater hoses for the dome, so I resorted to using my cold-weather knit watch cap for the rest of the day. Now there's no question about it: I need to go to the NEX soon. Other than work on the dome, I also finished straightening up the XBT room and separating all the left over copper wire. STG2 and I were let go just before the others this afternoon so we could carry the 40 lb used console batteries to our cars and then drop them off at the recycling place on base.

What a day. Not only was there an accident on I-564 again this morning (that made it difficult for everyone to arrive), but while I was driving out to Virginia Beach tonight, there was yet another on I-264. Never seen such bad drivers as I have here... not even in Miami. I was the first STG to arrive this morning, so I filled in for someone on doing the daily checks and generating the muster report.

No comments:

Post a Comment