Monday, October 14, 2013

Friday, School; Saturday, Duty

Friday, I never even saw the ship. I was TAD (temporarily assigned duty) to the Maintenance University at the TSC (training support center) building on base for a class in job writing (which was informative and useful!). Afterwords, I went to Servmart quickly for a few quotes for open purchase, then went home.

The next morning I went in early in case I had the first watch... and I did. I was topside rover, and therefore had to get a little wet in the morning misty rain. It had rained steadily for a couple days so there was a bit of water on the decks. By the afternoon, though, it had stopped and the sun came out. I spearheaded the effort to get the standing water off the missile deck... using my brand-new push-broom that had arrived from supply on Thursday... and it worked wonders. I used a bunch of the afternoon to get those open purchase requests ready to be routed up the chain of command on Tuesday. Went to bed really early so that when I got up for the last watch (petty officer this time) (I was doubled up this time from no fault of my own... we didn't have enough qualified people for everything because some people were on leave), I would be wide awake... and it worked. Did the daily checks right after disarming, then it was time for turnover, and then home for two days off in a row.

No comments:

Post a Comment