Wednesday, March 3, 2010

5th Monthly Meeting: 3 Mar 2010

Today I was there in plenty of time again, but I was rushed on the way because there was so much to do at work that I left a little later than I wanted to. I volunteered to lead the group in the Creed, which was fun and very slightly nerve-racking. There were only 15 of us there, but I continue to not like being in front of a group. It's seemingly better if you know what you're doing when you're doing it though.

Next we had an exercise with cards where we would have to draw a card and then say the corresponding General Order with everyone listening. I drew #6 and left out the second word, "obey". It was a great way to see where we're at under pressure.

The district chief petty officer was there again tonight and most of the meeting was him talking about how hard it is to get into the Navy these days. He had to discharge 7 people out of the district programs last week for being overweight or getting a DUI or the like. He was there especially to talk to the couple people who are shipping out this month to make sure they are good to go. My recruiter has taken over as office lead, so he ran the rest of the meeting. And afterwords, as my first meeting as Recruit Yeoman, I stayed afterwords and filed all of the re-certification sheets that we must fill out every time we come in. It was nice to help out.

No comments:

Post a Comment