Thursday, April 1, 2010

6th Monthly Meeting: 1 Apr 2010

And it was no joke.

We had a joint regional meeting of the Naval Recruiting Stations from Lynnwood, Northgate, Woodinville and Bellevue (mine). Our Chief was leading the meeting, and there were probably around fifty recruits and a dozen recruiters.

We formed up at first like normal to say the Sailor's Creed. I love getting in the front row so I can say it loudly for the Chief. We went through a bit of drill & ceremony, practicing the transitions from Attention to At Ease to Attention to Parade Rest and so on, and the rules associated with each. He went through the ranks and asked individuals to say whatever General Order he asked them to say. I never got to say one, but he gave me a big compliment... he looked at me and said, "I know you already know it." and then asked the guy next to me to say it. I have to admit, in a setting like that it would have been hard to shout out the order. I do know them, but I need to be able to tell them to the Chief in front of fifty recruits while at attention. For some reason, that situation intimidates me.

The rest of the meeting was spent talking about rather dull things. We talked about "a healthy lifestyle" and stress and suicide prevention. There was also a bit about resources for families for active duty Sailors. I am ultra motivated if I can stay motivated for the Navy after a meeting like that.

I was very happy to tell my recruiter that I told my boss about the Navy, and he was glad to hear it. I told him when I'm quitting and when I can be more active, coming to program workouts.

No comments:

Post a Comment