Thursday, June 2, 2011

Back and Forth

Came back on Memorial Day from a lovely weekend at home!

Tuesday the 31st, we moved the furniture back into the rooms that we moved them out of last Thursday... for the carpet had been replaced. My group leader was rather nonchalant about getting anything done, and we watched a good bit of the History Channel on many breaks.

Yesterday, they decided to put me on the Galley Staff. I spent the short morning until 1000 picking up pine cones and pine needles from the yard next to the galley. The latter were hanging on the bushes like tinsel on a Christmas tree. We were back at noon and done in an hour. It was another round of sweeping and mopping the floors, and then we were let go.

I decided to spend the evening volunteering at the library, and so I did a half-hour on the bike when I came back at night for my workout.

Today they put me back on the BPO, along with some of my former classmates. It was more refrigerators today. 20 picked up and dropped off, then several replaced in rooms. Tomorrow it will be getting rid of the white ones we replaced, and driving them over to the sub base.

But in big news, I talked with SH1 & IC1 this afternoon, and it looks like HARP duty will work out! I hope I can get the dates in August that I'd like! I just need to check in with the Fitness Advisor, FC1, to make sure I'm still in regs, and then on to getting signatures! :) Boy, would I like two weeks at home! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment