Thursday, October 18, 2012

Just a Few Things

Monday, Tuesday, and half of Wednesday, actually.

Monday the 15th, the best thing that happened was being able to see the dolphins so close to the barge as they went on a feeding frenzy. They were even jumping out of the water completely, and I saw one juggling a fish as it did! What a circus! I was able to catch a Jack again on my newly replaced pole from Walmart.

Tuesday, I kept myself busy by cleaning all the 600+ yogurt lids we're saving to send in to the Susan G. Koman Foundation. Otherwise, Chief went off as she does sometimes about the FSAs not cleaning between the meals (I was guilty myself of napping in the lounge on Monday). That night, I had a nice long talk with Mom, Dad, Andie, Beckie and Micah! Beckie had just gotten her first pet... a blue and white parakeet she named Tweety-Bird. :) Just like my little Sweet-Peep. :)

Wednesday, we had command sweep of urinalysis testing. I nearly forgot about it I was kept so busy in the scullery by myself for breakfast and lunch. I would have hopped on a van for Town Center before I remembered, but the first one before dinner was going to Mayport. CSC conducted it for NC1, LSC and myself. I felt a little out of place as these senior petty officers were joking around together. And to top it off, I was in my civies! Thankfully, that made no difference for providing a urine sample. :)








I've been keeping my boots very shiny as I have lots of time to shine them. The ship was drawn freehand by one of our Ensigns on the wardroom whiteboard... !










Berthing... view from my rack.

Here's a pic of a t-shirt from the NEX this last weekend. It's the same as my maiden family name's (Payne) motto.


No comments:

Post a Comment