Saturday, January 12, 2013

I'm Sweeping in the Rain

(on the way home after dinner and some errands)

 Friday morning was all that stood between most of the ship's company and a much-needed weekend.

Thursday had been very busy with certain checks on the equipment that needed to get done, and the guys that came in to fix some of the lagging on some of our piping. I helped STG2 with unscrewing the cases of some CPUs to check the status (it seems that much of a tech's job is unscrewing little screws).

So during our "fast cruise" practice on Friday (I wasn't on the watch bill), I did a thorough sweepers in Sonar 2 & 3, cleaning up after the lagging guys and the inspectors we had down there. I buffed my boots a little while we were waiting for the freshwater wash-down, then joined the other E-5 and below Sonar Techs on the boat deck and starboard and port breaks for sweeping water after lunch. We were just finishing when a light rain began. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment