Thursday, July 18, 2013

One, Two, Three, July

This was so long ago, I don't quite remember everything we did, even when I went back and looked at old PODs (plan of the day) I had saved on my computer at work. I've since had to delete them all though, because the Outlook Express Inbox was shutting down on me because I had too much saved in it.

The only thing I remember about July 1st is that a few of us had a heart to heart talk about getting along in the division just as we were getting let go before 1500.

The 2nd was my duty day... other than my evening watch as POOW with GM1, there wasn't much to it. Skipped out on training, and was able to go to bed at a descent time!

July 3rd was a little wild. Got up early to take care of the daily checks on the water cooling system and dome pressure, and I did that on purpose since we were all mustered early to be line-handlers for a German submarine tender that was pulling in at 7ish. And as we slipped the last of the doubled-up lines on the bollards on the pier, another STG2 and I rushed back to the ship and changed into our dress whites for morning colors. We had volunteered for it the evening before, since there was quite a number of folks in our section who didn't have their whites with them on duty... so chief ended up doing colors with two first classes. Didn't want that to happen again in the morning! :(

Soon after we changed back into the working uniform, I was let go early to help set up the command picnic in Virginia Beach. Chief and ET3 were also there, and it was no problem to get it done. Once the picnic actually started, we all enjoyed pulled pork, ribs and fried chicken (catered), and a fun game of volleyball... with several officers and enlisted participating in a casual game together. I managed to dig a few out myself! It was nice to introduce my husband to a few of my fellow sonar techs.

No comments:

Post a Comment