Tuesday, February 22, 2011

One Day Duty

At muster they told me my name came up for urinalysis... so I didn't make it to the INDOC class today... next one is in two weeks. I checked the working party board out of curiosity, and didn't feel like asking Chief for the day off she promised, because I was on a new, four-person detail in an office at the A school. And I didn't want to leave my shipmates hanging (good thing too, because only one of them had shown up).

It was strange work, shredding student's notes and notebooks from previous classes. It made me worry about the good A school will be, if all we're meant to do is load all this info onto our brains for a few weeks and then literally dump it immediately afterwords. Hmm...

After lunch I was back to scraping paint... except this time very quickly from the toe-guard on the office door. Took about 10 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment