Thursday, March 31, 2011

Blasts from the Past... and a Test

My good friend Linda Young has been good enough to let me know about a couple personal histories lately. First is "Mother Was a Gunner's Mate" about a WWII WAVE who enlisted, just like me. Second, today, she shared a story from 1885 about a boy joining the Navy. When I read Cutler's A Sailor's History of the US Navy last year, he talked about the boys... and although it was extremely dangerous, it was very much a sought after position with the assured food, job training and experience.
~

As for test 3 today: 100%

~
A bunch of people in class didn't study very well though, and our class average went down a bit. We faced a few hardships, since our instructor is also the Schoolhouse LPO... so he was gone a lot of the time (we have two STG2's who are getting qualified to teach, so they led most of the time). But that should have made people work harder, and in the face of that adversity; many of them did less. We even had one failure, so I went in again tonight, with six of my shipmates, to help him during extra study before he takes it again tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment