Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Yet Another Working Party

Today I was assigned upstairs in room 405 of the A school building. Helped prep a classroom for painting. Taping electrical outlets, laying out rolled paper on the floor, wrapping plastic around machines... and using putty to fill in holes in the wall left from screws that were removed. Although it was new and different work that I didn't mind at all, the view outside the huge windows in the back of the room was fabulous. Downtown San Diego, the bay, and Liberty Station framed by the tall pine trees next to the building. Today was a perfect day, with no clouds and a fresh breeze. It was lovely to look out over everything I've become familiar with.

After a brief read in my book after work, I headed off on a long run along the bay. I ran and walked on my way to Shelter Island (which stretches nearly to the base, although the access is across from the airport), and then ran the length of it (a mile). It was a roughly a six mile trek... so tonight I went to the NEX to get some cold packs for my knees and right heel. I know they will hurt tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment