Friday, May 6, 2011

On to the Last

We finally finished our practical test today! Got a 99%, and I'm in third place. The top five people are all within 1% of each other, so I hope to do extremely well on our last knowledge and practical cumulative tests this upcoming Wednesday. I've already memorized about half of the final charts.

We had a dress whites inspection after quarters this morning, so I woke up around 0530 to go to breakfast (in my NWU's) and then went to duty section muster at 0630. I had ironed my whites on Monday or Tuesday, so last night they only needed the final touches on the wrinkles around the shoulders. That was good, because last night I went out with the class leader, his wife and a couple of friends that were in port... and we went to dinner and dropped them off. Didn't get back until after 2100. But I digress. STG1 could find nothing wrong with my uniform... and said it was outstanding. :)

This was all because next Friday at 1000 we graduate as the Navy's newest Sonar Technicians, and STG1 wants us to look our best in front of the CO when he gives us our certificates.

No comments:

Post a Comment