Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Back to the Ship

or Antietam Again...

The driver picked us up around 0820, and I had just gone to pick up a burrito at the lunch-mobile for breakfast. You see, I woke up at 0709, thought I had already missed muster, tore around the room getting ready, and then remembered that it was 0730 I needed to be there. Whew! I had forgotten to set my alarm for some reason. Or either I turned it off... but I don't remember. I do remember I was very tired though. Lots of intermittent dreams between waking up.

It was a bit confusing on the ship too. I couldn't find the people I usually worked with, so I walked over the ship in search of them. I stopped and talked with a DCSN who was painting a bracket, and I soon took over from him. Domo is also a DC'men, and he and I worked on finishing the forward AFFF locker the rest of the morning. We even painted the non-skid... making it look so much better. After lunch I finished it up, then tried to find people again. Painted another bracket, then ended up painting where we started (3 weeks ago) on the fantail, until it was time to leave. Unfortunately, it took forever to get a duty van and driver, and GM2 Lopez took us back after he returned from dropping other people off.

Got paint all over my hands... and I took a while scrubbing it off. Will wear gloves tomorrow... if I go. I might give blood instead at the blood drive if they let me.

No comments:

Post a Comment