Tuesday, November 15, 2011

One of Those Days

I had a sour pickle with my dinner at Panera last night, and that sort of matched my general feeling for the day. I woke up with a sore throat, and I was over-emotional... I must be mid-month on my cycle.

Made a mistake while coming into my watchbill coordinator's office for a signature on my out-of-bounds chit for Thanksgiving and got yelled at, lost my sunglasses at the gym before that, and had an hour-long practical exam, one-on-one, for class that day; otherwise, all we did was sit and wait. And STG1 made us come back after dinner to try and get more people done... and he ended up doing one more (for a total of 4) before realizing it was useless to try to do the last 7 in one hour.

But I did get a letter from my husband, just like the kind he sent to me in boot camp, to commemorate the end of it, one year later. I think I read it about a dozen times while we were waiting in class. And my friends Linda and James sent me a very sweet Veteran's Day card! Along with these two wonderful surprises, the SD symphony tickets to Vivaldi's Four Seasons and The Sleeping Beauty also arrived. And all I checked the mail for was the possibility of my phone bill! :)

This morning I did much better, but I was really tired from not being able to go to sleep very soon last night. Got to Quarters just on time (not bad for getting up 20 minutes before) and didn't even need to stand the NSU inspection, since I had an "outstanding" last week on my blues.

No comments:

Post a Comment