Friday, December 2, 2011

Duty, Class and Boredom

Monday we went through the remaining four lectures, for a total of over 200 slides. Yikes! But we had a special muster at 0730, since it was the first day back from a 4-day weekend. Strikes me as incredibly unnecessary, but they want to know immediately if somebody didn't make it back. I'd think they could wait for everyone's regular muster. It's about the same time for most people... just not me. LOL. So it was a long day. Even with finishing the lectures, there was a lot of down time.

PT was free all week; I worked on benching, cardio and core.

Tuesday I went in early for extra study with Hibbard... put in two extra hours, finished taking notes for the 100+ slide lecture, then finished taking the other notes in class while they were setting up the lab downstairs and taking us by groups.

Wednesday, I had to leave the class a couple times because they were talking about nasty stuff while the instructor wasn't there. Learned a vulgar word I'd never heard of before (and still don't know what it means), and sat through one explicit conversation and left when they started another. Got snacks at the student lounge (missed lunch because of a late breakfast) for the first time, mostly because I was bored. Starting to understand the overweight issue in the Navy.

Thursday we studied for a good half-hour to hour in the morning, then did nothing for the rest of the day (while one or two groups did labs) until 1600 or so, except I doodled Navy logos on a little white board. STG2 Lombardo even thought it was pretty good; but then he gave us our review, waited for Trimpe to come back, then gave us our test... lasting til 1730ish. I did really well... found out this morning... 100% with one give-back. Most people forgot the name of the "Equipment Set-Up Sheet".

Today was duty day. Woke up at 0545 to get to base in uniform for the 0630 duty section muster. That went quickly as always, and I returned home, changed, volunteered at the library again for another hour, had snacks for lunch, then got in uniform again, got to class, found out our grades, took the lab, (feel stupid for forgetting so much! but as STG2 said, I'm a better book-learner) got a 90%, then cleaned up the room with Clem early (as others were in the lab) so we could break for the day as fast as possible. Last week I was in 3rd with a 95.23%, and now I'm 2nd with a 95.38%.

Got let go right at 1500! Yay! Had more fun on my own before returning to the Quarterdeck in my NSU's for my 23-01 duty driver watch. Just checked in, then waited in my car (talking with my Darling) for a possible phone call. On my way back to turnover, noticed a bunch of broken glass in the path of exiting cars from the overflow lot, so I got a broom & dustpan from the smoke deck, cleaned it up while returning students marveled at a Third Class sweeping glass at 0030. Got back to bed around 0100. Whew. One more before stand-down! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment