Monday, January 30, 2012

Not Too Bad

Woke up at 0330 this morning, without setting my alarm... was I quick to thank the Lord that I did! Not that I really needed the extra time... but I soon found out that I had just started my monthly cycle, and needed medicine right quick. I bemoaned the fact that this morning we'd probably have our "special" personal PT with the instructor at 0500. I felt like calling in LLD (light, limited duty), but because I had extra time, the pills had time to kick in, even before I got in the car. I changed into PT gear right away, but was able to lie down a little more (randomly reading the later part of Isaiah as I did) and even used my new single-egg frying pan to make myself a quick snack before going. And I was surprised how not-exhausted I felt.

Indeed, it was our first special PT with STG1 Fletcher. It was a series of exercises on the volleyball court: 30-sec. plank on the elbows, 2 sets of grapevines (shuffling/running to the side while switching which leg goes first), more planks, more grapevines, supermans, 4 sets of sprints (I suppose we all could have gone a little faster), and then more, and more, and more. It went pretty well, actually. Felt pretty easy, and I had no problems.

Had Raisin Bran in the galley... for a $2.45 cost, it doesn't really matter what you get; it's worth it. So along with that, yogurt, grapes, juice & hot chocolate. And because we're given a lot of time (back to class at 0715), I even watched some random shows on the Military channel in the student lounge about a British raid on German radar, and then the start of a strange one about Hitler's artistic preferences.

Class itself was blowing through a 40-slide power-point about line commands (for operating systems without GUIs) and then a practice on our computers. Out at 1115! Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment