Thursday, March 8, 2012

Testing, Testing... 1,2,3

Three tests this week!

I may have been more confident about the written test on Tuesday, but Wednesday morning I found out I only had a 93% (after a couple give-backs), which is one of my worst grades so far. Oh, well. That afternoon we took the accompanying practical exam, and I was in the last group with Barrow. He and I did beautifully, scoring a perfect 100%. So my overall grade should improve from last week's let-down of 95.99% (and fifth place) since practicals are weighted more (I think it's 60%/40%). And since we went last, we helped STG2 get the cabinet back to normal. He had undone the outputs from circuit breaker 4... and he had trouble getting the nuts back on... so I volunteered to do it, and it was easy, since I have comparatively small fingers. Was in an excellent mood by the time I got home. :)

Today, I had no class. It was my first STG2 Examination... and it was awful! 200 multiple-choice questions covering everything from acoustics to sexual harassment, and lasting 3 hours. There were even questions about how you got points from the test I was taking! I have no expectations of actually making second class... and I'd rather not yet (best to be in the fleet for a while)... but I don't think I need to worry. I feel that I for sure got roughly 20 out of the 200, but then again, it is graded on the curve. I do hope I passed, because that will count for points on the next test... PNA points (Pass, but Not Advance; due to availability of billets). We'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment