Tuesday, March 20, 2012

To Start a Week

Monday's PT was solid... 30 minutes on the bike. There's a new, more comfortable machine that sits a person upright, just behind the half-dozen older models in the gym. This I dutifully stayed on for a full half-hour and sweated profusely, as I always find myself to do on those things. I think it said 6 miles on the digital readout. Pretty good. As for class, we had a couple more power-points along with a brief lab of the Transmitter cabinet.

Tragedy has struck us lately though: one classmate's mother-in-law passed away recently and she was out of class on Monday, returning from the funeral. On the very same day, another classmate was called out of class because her mom had just passed away. They're going to try to keep her in our class if they can. Only missing a couple days, I hear. Her absence was acutely felt today :(

Today, we did a short two lessons on the next segment, and took our practicals (before tomorrow's test, because of the abbreviated week), and I was able to pull off a 100% with Barrow (our conglomerated name being "Barters"... kind of a class tradition for calling out the names of the people in the lab/practical groups... recently I've been part of "H2Owin"... lol). Because I studied up beforehand, I was able to answer a voltage question correctly; even though STG2 thought it was wrong, I ended up being right.

FPCON Bravo was put into effect yesterday, and it continued into today as they ramp up for the Delta drill this Friday. We had to show our IDs as we entered the schoolhouse. And Quarters this morning was normal... and we had our scheduled inspection, this one easy at least, because we didn't have to change uniforms (it was in NWUs). Five of our guys got hit on haircuts, however.

No comments:

Post a Comment