Friday, April 6, 2012

Good, Good Friday

I woke with a start, as my alarm went off for duty section muster. At first glance, I thought I was late, but that was because I had an odd schedule today, not having to come to class until 0715, and partly because I was so tired. I was upset for about five minutes before I realized that I was ten minutes earlier than I had planned. Whew! I signed the watchbill on my way to muster, had a normal muster at the Red Deck, then had breakfast at the galley.

Class was pretty normal... finished up LAMPS, and started the TSP slides... and read in my book. But at 1030 we were whisked out of class for the first of several short GMTs this month about sexual harassment awareness. It's a theme for this month... they said one gets reported in the Navy every day. Good grief.

It was soon time for the afternoon (1230 on Fridays) muster, and that also went quickly and smoothly. Right after that, I utilized the Lib Hall computers to write the article that I interviewed for yesterday. Took me about an hour, then I sent it off to the LT. I hope she likes it!

When I got home, I had exactly two hours before my watch, so I took a light nap and had a bit of a snack while I got into my service uniform (khaki & black). I had the 17-21 MOOW (messenger). The OOD sent me over to take over the Bldg. 51 access watch while she found a replacement for the guy who was away on TAD orders. It was that kind of duty day. This has been the only duty day in recent memory that took up the entire day. I'm very glad to be resting in my bed right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment