Monday, April 2, 2012

New Chapter

I've got an additional job now... the Lt. I met today in the TSC Student Affairs building on 32nd street is the command's PAO (public affairs officer) and she said that she needs someone to help write short articles for news stories related to TSC students to be published on Navy websites. I already have two assignments for this month. So far she wants me to write about students who went to help out on a ship lately, and our upcoming SAPR training at GMT this month. Suddenly, I have a job to do in the Navy without being baby-sat... almost like those three weeks last year when I worked on the USS Antietam... except this is just the LT and I. We'll see how well I do and what comes of it, but I'm glad to be able to help out a very busy officer. She said she'd take me over to Coronado soon to get familiar with the students over there. Possibly a story about BUD/S drop-outs and how they get re-assigned. I hope I'm not in over my head, but I don't think so. I'll give it my best shot.

Class today was pretty usual. PT on our own, and I took it pretty easy because of my big hiking trip yesterday. Only 3 miles on the bike and a few core exercises next door. We finished up the lectures and labs on the CADRT, and I read a few more exciting chapters in Sand Pebbles.

No comments:

Post a Comment