Thursday, May 17, 2012

Training Time and GMT Joy

Yesterday we started the final auxiliary, and had a great walk-through in the lab with STG2. It was all very cool equipment, and I feel privileged to get to find out about it. We also had a short refresher training in class about Operational Security given by Master Chief before being let go for the day.

The second test also went well for me... I scored a 90%, only missing 3 questions. And tomorrow is the final test of all. After almost nine months of training (four separate classes) here in San Diego, interrupted by a few breaks on Holds, it is finally coming to a close. Sometime soon I'll be able to start giving back to the fleet what I've been invested with.

I had planned ahead to work-out on base that day, so I brought PT gear in a bag to be retrieved after class. The gym is undergoing some remodeling: it had been moved into the volleyball/basketball courts next door. But I liked having the machines in the much bigger space (and without the TVs), so it went well. Did a solid mile-and-a-half on the elliptical and then some strength training. Found it easier than before, so I think I am very much improved from last year.

From there I went to Liberty Hall to work on an article for the LT and on a chit for myself before the afternoon Duty Section Muster. After that, I went home to relax before returning for my nighttime rover watch. Turned out my mentor was on duty as well, so we were able to catch up a little bit.

As for today, we continued learning the last Tech Manuals, and then we had our summer safety stand-down General Military Training (GMT) for about an hour and a half after lunch. The command DAPA gave a good interactive talk, incorporating a scenario from a Captain's Mast that was held earlier in the day (someone was UA, drunk on duty, and lied to investigators), the command Chaplain spoke about suicide prevention, and the Holds LPO gave a very informative and personal talk about motorcycle safety. It was finished up by the presentation I've seen before about driving safety with examples of accidents in the region by former students.

An informative couple days, to say the least.

No comments:

Post a Comment