Friday, October 4, 2013

At the Movies!

We got to preview the movie Captain Phillips on Friday... the scene I was in was cut, but I didn't mind too much. The film was really exciting! We all cheered when the Truxtun first came on the scene. They changed the hull number to reflect the Bainbridge's number... DDG-96. I know a few people who had scenes... our captain now, was XO then, and he played the XO. My Leading Petty Officer (LPO) was part of the team that arrested one of the bad guys in the end, and in the last scene, the medical chief who treats Tom Hanks is really a second class like me... and we know each other pretty well, as she comes to church on board.


The screening was on the Joint Little Creek/Fort Story base in Virginia Beach, and I managed to get a front row seat in the crowded theater. In addition to the regular previews, there were ads about the consequences of sexual assault, and the playing of the national anthem. Only in a military theater!

No comments:

Post a Comment