Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Quickie

Everyone had to stay on board Monday night (I had duty anyway) for an early underway on Tuesday, just for one day out. But Monday sped by for me anyway... I had the first watch (contact sentry on the pier), then I worked very hard getting all of the open purchase and parts that got delivered that morning onto the ship. Then my Divo (division officer) requested some open purchase, so I went to SERVMART (government contracted suppliers) to get a quote. Picked up trash in the parking lot for the duty section on my way back to the ship, then made sure the request got routed up the chain of command.

Tuesday, underway, Sea & Anchor was very early. In the afternoon I organized Sonar 1 a bit more, especially with the new label maker we had received the day before. To help prepare for the evening's Sonar events, I helped carry some equipment to the helo hanger for programming. When I had done all I needed to, I went out on the flight deck to breathe some fresh air and watch the sunset. My watch didn't start until just before our scenario, and it was another quick success to be proud of. Afterwords, I still had the dailies to do, so the watch was over before I knew it. It was a very long day!


This morning we had another Underway Replenishment (same station as before) and I was able to see the sun rise from the horizon, just as I had seen it set the night before. This was followed by a FWWD (freshwater wash-down) on our beautiful new decks, and then Sea & Anchor right after that. We field-day'd the spaces in Sonar as we neared port. Talk about a busy morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment