Wednesday, March 3, 2010

3rd Monthly Meeting: 6 Jan 2010

This meeting I brought my friend Julie along with me because we had just spent the day together having fun on a little trip to the peninsula. We got there on time, because I wasn't coming from work for the first time. After the creed, the only thing we talked about for the rest of the meeting was ship and aircraft recognition. Petty Officer Jordan held up pictures of ships and aircraft and told us about the unique characteristics of some of them, like the difference between destroyers and frigates. And then there was an informal test in groups, writing down the names of a series of pictures he held up. The team with the most right answers ended up not having to do ten push-ups. It was a rather long meeting, and my friend said she wouldn't like the Navy because of all the profanity. She's the daughter of my dad's friend who was led to Christ by a fellow Sailor.

No comments:

Post a Comment