Wednesday, March 3, 2010

2nd Monthly Meeting: 2 Dec 2009

I was a little late for this one again, but as before, I called my recruiter to let him know. Unfortunately, it was an important joint meeting that day with the Woodinville office there, as well as the area Master Chief and a few officers, reviewing how we were doing. The information we went over was military time and the alphabet... and short speeches about how some people before had made bad decisions that kept them from joining the Navy. They talked about drugs and drunk driving and about recruits who could not keep their weight down. When I talked with my recruiter afterwords, he made me promise to maintain or lose weight by the next time we met. After the meeting, everyone had to meet privately with one of the officers or chiefs for them to make sure we were doing well. I met with a Lieutenant, and he could hardly believe that I wanted to enlist, even though I had a degree. It's really quite cumbersome and annoying, trying to explain something to someone who just doesn't understand.

No comments:

Post a Comment