Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Test #2

Well, yesterday was the written test. It was more difficult than the first, in that I didn't realize I needed to use the terminal for finding out the answers to command line functions. The whole business of getting into a screen that can manipulate hardware and software is sort of beyond me. It feels unreal... and foreign to my poor, non-technical sensibilities. But with a little help, and near to the end of the two hours allotted, and after the angry tears stopped... (felt rather helpless and hopeless... and that I had gotten into the wrong rate... and what was I doing there anyway?)... I did just fine with a 96% (94 originally, but there was one give-back).

Today we waited a good long time for things to get started (I suppose that was the same yesterday too), I read a bunch more in "In Harm's Way", and then STG1 Gonzales had to teach us a lesson for his teacher's certification, then one-by-one, four of us took our practicals... and we all got 96%'s so far. So it's a solid 96% total for me this round. I've practically given up worrying about my place in the ranking, and my score is alright so far. And we found out that Kosi's orders from yesterday are also to Hawai'i; his first choice. DDG 93. So some of us are hoping that'll stay true for us all. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment