Wednesday, February 8, 2012

One Year Mark in San Diego

And just about this time, last year, we were checked in to TSC admin, and then led, wonderingly, over to the red deck at Bldg. 51, with all our bags being carried by guys. Wilson was in my room when I opened the door, and she helped me bring them in from the access. This week she just got married to a Marine at her duty station in Washington State.

And what did I do on my anniversary? I finished reading In Harm's Way and played make-shift Frisbee with stapled paper plates. It took the whole day to get everyone else through the practical. Later on, I talked to the tax counselor about my best options, and tonight found a couple more Navy books at the library for future class days. I've practically run out of Navy reading of my own.

PT this morning was good as usual... all PRT sort of stuff on the elliptical and on the mat. Monday I ran on the treadmill, which made for a more punishing workout, also did a little bench pressing. Tuesday, of course, was Quarters and an NWU inspection that went fine. Wish my mind didn't go blank when put on the spot though... I had been practicing in my head what to say to begin it, and I still flubbed. Live and learn... hereafter, I shall be perfect at it. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment