Tuesday, February 28, 2012

You May As Well Know

I am tired of being embarrassed in practical exams. Usually we are thrown into a situation and expected to know what to do off hand. I suppose I should have known on the first hand to go straight to the flow chart in the Tech Doc from the long lab we had with Senior, but my first thought was to look at the LED indicator stuff for 871 (since the one was out)... and I traced it through on the schematic (STG2 liked that I could do that, but it wasn't what we were supposed to do). I'm tired of being expected to do things that we've only done bits and pieces of before. Not to mention, that I didn't know how to interpret a critical thing in the flow chart, and a few things on the schematic (like how to test the power supply... how the in and outs worked).

And so Hibbard and I have to re-take the practical tomorrow (and if we do it perfectly, we'll get a 90)... meaning I will probably drop at least 3 places in class (labs are weighted higher than written tests). And that is what hurts my pride the most. Yes, now I understand how troubleshooting with the Tech Doc works... but I'm not the best (or even up there with them any more). So very sorry for not figuring it out by myself. Call me stupid.

So I shouldn't really complain, because we've learned and we're moving on just fine. I'm just embarrassed and very tired of being so; my intense pride has been trodden on... again.

The morning started out with an hour of non-guided "study"... where everyone else chit-chatted. Then we had breakfast (I love being able to come home and cook) and then had Quarters at 0730, as normal. Came back to the classroom, test started at 0800 and we were given some extra time past the 2-hour limit to finish the last couple questions. I was done a quarter after 1000... and then I went right into the lab.

No comments:

Post a Comment