Tuesday, October 2, 2012

The Next Three Days... and pics

My new home... the scullery. These are the wardroom silver, that I tried to de-tarnish by scrubbing... the stack of mess trays that I have to keep moving back to the line after every meal... and a typical breakfast. The pizza boxes were ordered the first time we lost the water on the barge.









 










I did see one during a late-night talk with my husband... :)














The mirror is at an angle, so it makes a person look a bit skinnier than they actually are. :)

I thought this last one was funny at the time... this is in the crew's lounge. An officer and a 1st class with some sort of expectations... :)

I think the river is beautiful! Lots of time to sit and watch it, that's for sure! In fact, I go out there often between meals since it's right next to the mess decks, but it's serene. I fish there a lot, and sometimes just relax... and sometimes I see turtles! One of the officers agreed with me when they stopped by one afternoon.

There's only been three working days since last I posted! Thursday the 27th was a long day, and besides not even getting a bite while fishing, the only thing of note is that I set up my boot polish in the scullery for myself and the other FSAs to use before quarters. I put a good shine on my own, touching it up the next day. I gave up my early day on Friday, switching with GM3 so she could go out with a friend. I'll get one back tomorrow!

Yesterday, October 1st, I had the scullery all to myself; and that means a lot of work! The other guy who works in there had the day off (like me today!). Chief did a uniform inspection at quarters, and only one person was talked to about their boots. :) Afterwords, Chief told me that I had been selected as the Chief's Mess FSA. So I took the time to straighten it up a little (that's really all I need to do, anyway). It was another long day, but I got to stay at a hotel that night! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment