Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Final Monthly Meeting

I've come to the end of these DEP meetings, finally. And as the RCPO, I led everyone in the creed and taught a new recruit our entering and exiting procedures (designed to get us used to Naval procedure for boarding and exiting a ship).

We had a visiting chief today, as well as our district chief. The former made our ears ring after a few recruits were found to not know the General Orders. They won't let me sound off anymore, because they think I know it too well. But it's always nerve-racking to do it in front of everyone. Oh well. I suppose I'll get my share of nerve-racking in a few weeks.

The teaching focus today was on the final five weeks of boot camp...
week 1: processing, week 2: physical training, & week 3: confidence course, were covered last month, which I missed because I was fishing with my Dad in Westport.

We learned today: week 4: weapons training & initial PT test; week 5: sounded kinda vague - something about figuring out where you're going in the Navy; week 6: shipboard damage control & the gas chamber; week 7: Battle Stations & final PT test; week 8: prep for graduation.

After that we talked about the Naval Reserve and how that would be something to consider whenever our enlistments expire.

Twenty days...

No comments:

Post a Comment