Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Request Chits & Working Parties

So here I am, back on Hold for real, for the next four months. That being said, I have the future in the forefront of my mind... and I've submitted three more chits this week. One for special lib the Monday Mike comes, and then two for September: to take 10 days leave and to get married.

It drove me nuts on Monday, because NMT gave me the run-around on a little detail. But yesterday I was able to get them all turned in. If they get approved or not, that's in the Lord's hands. Today they called me in to submit a "page 13" or acknowledgement that I don't have enough leave for it yet. Except it's for 4 months from now, when I will have earned double what I have now. Sigh. My duty section leader thinks they won't approve it since it's too far in advance... but we'll see.

As for working with the BPO, both Monday and Tuesday involved moving refrigerator and microwave combinations. First we moved 20 new units from the warehouse onto the truck, over to the hotel, into a storage room, and then 9 old units onto the truck and over to the sub base. I got to drive the truck on base, and one other guy and I loaded all 20 from the warehouse ourselves. Next day we moved at least 7 or 8 units to various rooms in the hotel on various floors... and moved the old units we replaced back down to the storage room. Both days I crashed after we were done. Monday I was lethargic while doing 30 minutes on the bike, and Tuesday I slept deeply for nearly 2 hours as soon as I changed clothes and spread my blanket over me.

Today was one big muddle. Didn't begin work until 9:30... and it took me forever to find the room the other girls were working in. The guys were told to move furniture from 4 or 5 rooms that were going to be re-carpeted, and the girls were told to go fold super-old (and very dusty) curtains stashed in a third floor room. After noon-thirty muster, we again had problems with people showing up... and we all tagged the furniture and moved them into available rooms until the carpeting is done. Then I suppose we'll have to move them back. :)

I don't feel my best right now, because I want to know that my requests are done, so I can continue to plan and solidify what I want for later this year. That and I'm rather tired, both physically and mentally from the ridiculous stuff I've had to do and put up with this week. The Lord must be trying to teach me to wait on him and not be so impatient and un-trusting.

No comments:

Post a Comment