Friday, July 29, 2011

And Potted Plants

Again, the one guy didn't come. So the working party got cancelled, and I decided to go help for an hour or so before the 1100 muster and payday weekend liberty brief.

We re-potted four trees, cleaned out old pots, spread new topsoil over other plants and then cleaned up. It was really easy.

I also got to tell my watchbill coordinator about my being gone for the August 14 duty day... and he seemed to already know. He also arranged with me to give me the first watch this Thursday in bldg 52, since that one starts at 0600 (and most people forget).

During the liberty brief, Chief Cruz gave us a stirring "we are a world-class Navy" speech that I like (it's nice to see someone so motivated about the good things here), DC1 told us about two kids that just graduated, and just got caught underage drinking (they'll lose their rating when they go to mast this week). And then STG2 Otto told us to always check the working party list. And we were let go. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment