Monday, August 1, 2011

One-Week Job

The Chaplain's working party that I signed up for last Tuesday started today. We are helping out at the annual NNOA conference (National Naval Officer's Association) held at the Sheraton Hotel on Harbor Island this year. Today I did an odd assortment of jobs, getting ready for things to start tomorrow. I helped unfurl and set up the 50 state flags in the grand auditorium, helped fold polo shirts they have for sale, and helped show people where to check in for registration. There were 11 of us from the ASW base... and 15 on the official list. Apparently, the CNO himself and the commandants of the Marines and the Coast Guard are going to be there. They told us over 600 officers in total... wow.

We didn't have to be there until noon today, so Chief Cruz told us to have our khaki & black's in perfect condition for the next 4 days... and to be back for the duty van at 1130. I shined my dress shoes several times, and can say they're in good condition. Also switched my insignia to my clean khaki shirt and measured the position of my crows with a tape measure. :) The back had a single wrinkle in it from being stored so long in my closet; one quick press and it is now at inspection quality.

This will be perfect, as I leave for HARP duty Friday evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment