Thursday, July 28, 2011

Podium, Anyone?

So the second day on Mr. Somebody's working party from the Sub Base... and he didn't come. I checked into the Hold's office and told them Hooten and I were going to the BPO. We saw Mr. Relly going into the lobby when we arrived, so we followed. Strangely, he asked us if we knew where a podium was. The Captain of Naval Base Point Loma was doing an award presentation within an hour or so... and he needed one. We scouted out Martin Hall together, then he sent me to talk to the guy in Bldg 11. I met somebody from the office on the staff smoke-deck, and he said it'd be impossible with that short notice. Great! But I introduced him to Mr. Relly, and they decided the best thing would be to get the one from Holds. Hooten and I procured it after asking around for permission, and got it over to the courtyard at the Navy Gateway Inn in plenty of time.

That's the thing about the Navy... it's so randomly unpredictable!

No comments:

Post a Comment