Wednesday, August 24, 2011

52 Access Watch, Again

It was exactly what I did the day before I left for home. 5 and a half straight hours of watch, from 0600 to 1130. This time my relief was 10 minutes late, again because they didn't realize what watch they had.

The watch itself went pretty quickly... I called "attention on deck" for the 2-star Rear Admiral when he came in and again when he left an hour later. There wasn't any pen at the podium, so it was a good thing I put one in my pocket this morning. Also there were a few people who needed my badge to open the door... a class of petty officers, and a couple chiefs for the Selectee meeting.

But I have to say the most unique thing that happened was the softball that rolled through the open front door from across the street and over the very tall netted fence. I tossed it to someone outside the door to launch back onto the field. :)

I think I'm going to PT today before my duty section muster at 1500.

No comments:

Post a Comment