Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Duty Driver

So I checked in to the holds office first yesterday, around 0700. Swiatek asked me if I'd like to be UI (under instruction) for being a Hold's Duty Driver... and I asked STG2, and he said yep, as he put me back on the working party list. I turned in my signed HARP orders to admin, went to muster, then rode along with the van in the morning, took a break for lunch, rode along with Hibbard in the shuttle for 3 hours (3 circuits) in the afternoon, and learned everything I needed to know. Because Moyers showed me my assignment this week, which was UI for that day and today, and then my first job all day Thursday. They do one day on, one day on call around here... and I never have to muster with holds again! :)

I learned several places on 32nd street (wet side) during the two times we went there in the morning... and Hibbard showed me the shuttle route and times, which were always a mystery to me. We got gas on our second run, since we had obnoxious guys on the first (mostly, we didn't want to make them wait). It was good to visit with Hibbard... I haven't seen her for weeks.

This morning I rode the shuttle again, since it's slightly different. By the third run, I got to drive. Ready for Thursday...

No comments:

Post a Comment