Thursday, August 25, 2011

Duty Driver, Day One

Checked in for muster at 0630 (I had got up in time for breakfast first!) and as soon as they wrote down my name, somebody needed to go to Dental on 32nd street, dry side. By the time I got back a couple people from the warehouse needed to check out the van that broke down at a cafe on Shelter Island... and when I got back from that, one needed to go across the street to medical, and one was late for class up the hill at Third Fleet HQ. Exciting, if nothing else.

After a fabulous lunch (egg-drop soup!), and a bit of waiting around, I took another guy to the Family Housing office near the commissary on 28th.

My phone gives me trouble though. I have extremely spotty reception around base, so there have been times when they want to get ahold of me, but can't. Good thing I check in often!

When I pulled up from the last drop, STG1 Harvell told me he met my recruiter in the gym today! because he had been asking about me. I had no idea STG1 Lonesome was here! Hopefully we'll meet up sometime and go out to eat or something!

Just another hour and a half to go, waiting for someone to drive. I'm gonna go sit somewhere where my phone works. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment