Monday, August 29, 2011

Off, But On a Little

I volunteered to be the chow relief driver for the shuttle today, when I mustered at 0630. It was supposed to be for one hour, but the other driver was running late, so I ended up doing two... it started with a mineman who thought he was transferring to the sub base, but it ended up being 32nd street, so he went right back to the ASW base with me. There was a guy to pick up at PSD (personnel support detachment), and on the next run, a guy to drop off at PSD, EN's waiting at the sub base, and finally, the same guy to pick up at PSD. It was crazy; I had to do the run backwards two of the three times I drove the circuit.

But the morning was wonderful! I spent it finishing sewing on the patches for the first of my two replacement coveralls I got on Friday. I did a small load of whites, and was interrupted by a lieutenant doing a room inspection, while finishing the coveralls. She gave us an outstanding! :)

When I finished around 1000, I walked my PQS for duty section duty driver watch-standing to my watch-bill coordinator, STG1 Upchurch in room 202... I always have to walk the entire floor to find the room he's in, so maybe I'll remember now. :) He was making up the watch-bill at the time I came in, and said he was almost going to give me double watches for not having it done yet! Whew! Dodged that one! Thank the Lord!

No comments:

Post a Comment