Thursday, November 3, 2011

Duty Day, Wednesday

... And my watch was technically this morning, on Thursday, the 05-07 (0430-0630) duty driver. And what that meant was I had to get up early and arrive in my NWU (digital) for 0630 muster, Wed. morning, and get up earlier and arrive in my NSU (khaki & black), and pick up the Quarterdeck's cell phone in order to be available to drive anyone who needed it between those hours. It is one of the best watches, though. I went back to my car and decided on getting something small at Denny's. Got a little OJ and their $2 biscuit & gravy w/egg. Sat and read in Philippians & Psalms, and also the 3 Beatrix Potter books I got the other day. I even drove-through Mc'D's for a $2 oatmeal. When I got back to overflow parking, I only had an hour left. Did FB on my phone, and discovered that my high-school friend Laura (married a couple years ago and working for the Lord in the Philippines - in Leyte) is 13 weeks pregnant! Needless to say, watch went really fast and I was soon back in bed and was able to sleep for a couple more hours.

Wednesday itself was pretty normal, I suppose. I didn't catch any sleep after muster, did some bike-riding along Harbor Island for a half-hour and bench-pressing back on base for PT, and then fell asleep during parts of that animated and narrated 45 minute slide show in class. They tell me I provided entertainment for the class, especially when my elbow slipped off the table. lol

This means that my next duty day will fall on the 1st anniversary of my boot camp graduation, Saturday, November 12.

PS...
Just learned in class, from The Navy Times, that Applebee's has free entrees for active duty military on Friday the 11th. I will indeed have to go there, especially since that's where we went to eat for my first civilian meal after graduation, Friday the 12th, last year.

I was almost late for PT, but not really. Benched with Baldwin, did 48 reps at 65lbs, this time (55lbs yesterday and last week). Then I did 3/4 mile on the elliptical in 7 min., and 1.6 miles on the bike in 8, burning 140 calories total, according to the machines.

Today we did lots of note-taking and gossiping... I did the former, and pretty much everyone else the latter. Around 1530, the teachers finally came back and went hard-core into Target Motion Analysis... and we did some formulas and math... I never took Trig, but thankfully this is the really basic kind. It all made sense in the end, which is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment