Thursday, January 19, 2012

Beginning Networking

And Wednesday was another early morning. We would have gone for a run if it hadn't have been so cold; it gets pretty darn chilly these mornings. So there was free PT in the gym (when they finally opened it - Hibbard and I got there very early) and I contented myself with 15 minutes on the rowing machine (for 3,000 meters), then worked on some push-ups and sit-ups. Had to stop by duty section 7's muster to turn in the copies I made of the duty-swap chit to my Chief who was there for turnover.

Class at 0715... and we did a bit of labs dealing with how to navigate the BIOS screens (after the memory got fixed by a contractor). I pretty much caught up my notes... and then we launched into "Networking". Very basic stuff, then we were let go about 1130. Stopped by the NEX for a green pepper to use my garlic humus, and also picked up the new insignia tab (and insignia) for the black parka liner, which is now authorized to wear with our digital camo NWUs.

Came back for mando, and this time I didn't need to appear awkward knocking and sounding off in the office... the door was already open. I caught up the remainder of my notes while most people gossiped. I signed everyone in and out, and let people go five-till 1400.

Today, it was again free PT per our regular schedule. STG2 Root was in charge of us, since STG1 Fletcher and Gonzales were taking their Chief exams. He let us go at 0530, and I raced back home since he didn't want us back until 0730. Pot of oatmeal! Very good. I feel (and am indeed) a bit overweight... so I need to watch it. We had urinalysis at 0745 and that went pretty smoothly. I was first since I turned in everyone's CAC cards. It was more note-taking (catching up the previous day's slides) until everyone was back. Then we finished the lecture and were let go at 1030ish so we'd have plenty of time before the GMT at 1230. Another re-hashing of the SAPR program on sexual assault & harassment... the very same one as the last few times, actually. Then we were let go for the day just before 1400.

No comments:

Post a Comment