Friday, January 13, 2012

Off and Running

Yesterday, Thursday, we started with free PT. They opened up the gym doors just as we arrived on the far side of the gym facing the overflow parking lot, where Witte, Hibbard, Trimpe & I come from every morning, early. I used the rowing machine for a good while and ate some leftover pizza for breakfast.

In class we started the lectures covering the general description of computer hardware, and since the first one was 130ish slides long, it took a bit of time to get through. This time I came home for lunch; I think I'll probably make it a habit if they keep letting us go before noon. Mando (1300-1400) was much improved, however, because STG1 Fletcher (who has taken over lectures for the hardware side of things) made sure we had access. And we were finally in our assigned room, 368B. Regular class is in 367... my boot camp division number.

Today I was ready to go when I got there. There's no PT on Fridays, so we started class at 0500. Hardware functionality and safety, and we started into doing labs... going into the adjoining room and taking the backing off the case, learning what names were associated with what pieces. The two, huge CPUs in the drawer configuration even baffled Fierro and Baldwin, who make up my group, and the last one to go (5 of 5). We also practiced taking out and replacing the memory cards... but I was the only one who needed to do that. :)

STG1 was very nice and let us do our "mando" (catching up on notes) during regular class time. We were let out at 1140, and I headed straight to TSC to pick up my out-of-bounds chit (approved yesterday) as I headed out, bound for the airport and my dear, sweet, Darling in OKC for our long weekend (in observance of MLK Jr. Day on Monday the 16th). See you Tuesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment